Student Matching Travel Funding: Apply
About Matching Travel Funding
The African Studies Center has limited funds available to assist students with travel expenses related to research and presenting at scholarly conferences. These funds will provide partial support of travel costs. The applicant’s college, department, and other sources will be expected to share the costs of travel expenses.
Outcomes from these travel awards may include sharing the presentation or research in an open forum such as the African Studies Center Eye on Africa series or another event sponsored by the center.
Submitting a Proposal
Proposals should not exceed 5 pages and should include:
- A narrative that addresses these questions:
A list of other university support provided, with at least 20% provided from other campus sources.
A proposed budget.
- What activities are proposed for this trip?
- What outcomes are expected from these activities and this trip?
- Who are the MSU faculty involved in the project?
- With which department and/or college at MSU will you collaborate?
Send your completed information to Ann Biersteker at the African Studies Center at .
Stay up-to-date on ASC activities
Eye on Africa
ASC's weekly seminar
Alliance for African Partnership
Working together for a brighter future
The people and projects dedicated to Africa at MSU